Tahoe offers many private resort communities but very few as veteran as Lahontan. Developed almost 18 years ago Lahontan has grounded roots and a great market track record. My pick of the week is brand new construction in an established club. 585 Stewart McKay in Lahontan offers all the new home characteristics Tahoe resort buyers are looking for at a remarkable value.
Privacy is naturally a characteristic for Tahoe homebuyers while proximity to amenities is almost always an equal in importance. 585 Stewart McKay uniquely offers both. Meander through the pines and in just two minutes walk you will arrive at Lahontan’s community Lodge. The lodge amenity offers access to the private spa & gym, restaurant and golf shop. The championship Tom Weiskopf design golf course is manicured to perfection while the Men’s and Women’s golf clubs will keep you busy with a full calendar of events.
The custom interior design of the home is the icing on the cake. Amongst other custom details are, hand hewn timbers from an Elkhorn gold mine, antique reclaimed Douglas fir floors, native granite floor to ceiling fireplace and a reclaimed corral board ceiling harvested from horse corals in Idaho and Montana. The 4-bedroom/4.5 baths combine with a rec room and 3-car garage to create the 3850sq./ft. of custom living space. Below are some further details that will confirm the value in this brand new custom Lahonatan home:
- Family room pre wired for surround sound
- Pre-wired for Lutron Radio Ra integrated lighting system
- Floor to ceiling native granite fireplace and hearth with reclaimed corral board
- Custom handmade reclaimed Douglas Fir front door and matching sidelights
- Emtek door hardware
- Old California Lantern Co. exterior lights
- Custom iron railing on front patio pavers
- Antique reclaimed wrapped beams in great room
- Heated floors in all tile bathrooms
- Sierra Pacific windows with knotty alder interior
- Knotty alder trim detail through house
If you settle on a nice evening at home the layout of the patio and great room will leave your eyes no time for the television. Framing an epic view of Northstar’s Lookout Mountain the south facing patio and great room were specifically placed by detailed builder John McCabe and well-known architect firm Ward/Young. A supreme bonus to this home is the location. Across the street are two privacy lots securing the pristine mountain and meadow views. Upon setting foot on this property you will instantly feel the seclusion and perfection of this magnificent custom home.
Tahoe Mountain Resorts